House Budget Slashed!
Post date: Apr 15, 2011 5:44:06 PM
HOUSE BUDGET SLASHES EDUCATION - HEALTH SERVICES & ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION: TELL CONGRESS THEY HAVE THE WRONG PRIORITIES!
A budget proposal for fiscal year 2012 released by House Budget Committee Chair Paul Ryan (R-WI) would attempt to balance the budget on the backs of the middle class and our most vulnerable populations. The House proposal would, among other things:
- Make deep cuts to non-security discretionary spending – which would cause dramatic reductions in education services to students and ballooning class sizes;
- Dismantle health care for the poor, disabled, and elderly by turning Medicaid into a block grant program;
- Cut the maximum Pell Grant award;
- Extend the District of Columbia Voucher Program;
· $19.8 million multidisciplinary initiative for EPA's Healthy Communities including -EPA's IAQ Tools for Schools Program to be eliminated
- Convert Medicare into a voucher system.
Take Action TODAY: Tell Your Representative to vote NO on a proposal to balance the budget on the backs of the middle class and the poor. Please go to http://www.nea.org/home/LegislativeActionCenter.html